Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Home Decor Project

My First Home Décor Project


Today is a snow day! Since I have no place to go I'm going to start my first blog post. Right now I am refraining from double spacing this post to make it an APA paper D:  Instead of beginning this blog on a negative note and showing pictures of my home currently, I am going to begin with a project that I completed over the summer to improve my new home.

This beautiful (possibly antique, at least vintage) dresser was a $15 Goodwill find. Yes FIFTEEN DOLLARS!! I was thrilled. You can see that it is scratched, missing a handle and (maybe you can't see this) has terribly bent metal gear to attach the mirror. Despite its condition, I saw a diamond in the rough.
I decided that my bedroom décor would include grey and yellow. I have recently decided that I love the color yellow. It is so happy! I'm thinking maybe a "happy when skies are grey" theme...just an idea. So I set out to find a cute grey paint that coordinated with my comforter set. I must have taken every grey and yellow paint card from Lowes. I finally decided on a grey color called Wet Pavement (I think). I wanted in incorporate the yellow color without making the dresser look dated in the future. Here's what I did.

You can only see the yellow when the drawer is open. Not only does this keep the dresser a neutral color, it also makes the yellow color easy to change when I get tired of yellow.
In the next post I will outline the steps that I took to make this transformation and the things that I will do different on my next project.
Mirror to be added soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment